Thursday 19 July 2018

How To Style Your Pencil Skirt



The pencil skirt, a smart, classy, sophisticated piece for any woman to have in her wardrobe.  


From high street to high end, from bright and bold, through to work wear and wedding appropriate patterns. Do we shy away from pencil skirts because we think they are 'too formal' or because they are so figure hugging? Possibly but I believe the right pencil skirt for you can be what every woman needs in her life.





The Styling 

Skirt and Top - River Island,
Shoes - New Look 
There are so many different ways to style a pencil skirt that I could potentially write a small book on it!
This for sure is the most important section of this post so listen up ladies. 

As always the styling depends on so many things - the occasion, the material, the length, the detail, the colouring and of course the biggie, what the occasion is. 
Take the outfit I am wearing at the beautiful hotel I stayed in in Croatia for example; The colours of the skirt are mostly pale nudes and creams mixed with some dark leaves running through. This gives the perfect opportunity to pair it with something darker on the top half, hence why I went for a black number. 
I played with the classy style whist also using the chance to show off my tanned skin. 

If this had been a more formal occasion and I didn't feel right in this choice of top I would have gone with a cool, lose fitting shirt tucked into the skirt to really define the waist. 

Finally, the shoes; if you've been with me on here for a while you will know I have a great love of shoes so how could I miss this out?! 
I personally think a pencil skirt always looks best paired up with a nice pair of heels as it elongates the leg and ties in with the classy, smart tone of the outfit. 


Why A Pencil Skirt?

When done right I believe a pencil skirt can be one of the classiest, most beautiful looks a woman can go for. 
It shows off the figure nicely without it showing too much; the mystery and dignity is kept. 
It defines the woman's shape and flaunts what you've got. 

I also believe it gives off that girl boss vibe which I personally don't think can ever be a bad thing. 

Could the pencil skirt be classed as a daring choice? Potentially but I say go for it. 
Would you go for a pencil skirt or is there a different look you like to go for? Let me know what you feel best in! 

Always remember you're going to look best in whatever you feel most confident in so always go for that option! x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Best 4 Books For A BookWorm

Yes, yes I am a major book worm! So I figured it would only be right to share my current top four books with you. All a little (or a lot) di...