Sunday 26 November 2017

How I Cope With Stress | Sunday Night Coffee Chats

It's the end of another full on week. All the works been done, all the coffee's been drank and all the laughs have been had.
Whilst thinking about all the stressful things that are going on in my life at the moment, I started to ask myself what makes me cope with that stress a little better. What are the things I do to stop myself from going crazy with it all?
One major thing for me is exercise. For a long time now a good workout has been an amazing stress buster. If you follow me on any of my social media's, you might have seen that I am back in the gym on a regular basis and boy does it feel good!
Music is also a good thing for me. Putting my earphones in and shutting the world out is an amazing feeling. Sometimes it lets me shut off the world completely and sing along (in my head if I'm on a train, of course!) or it can help me have the space to think things through without any distractions. It definitely depends on what mood I am in at the time.
Another stress reliever for me is catching up with friends.  Whether that be catching up over a coffee, a girls night out or watching a nice cosy film, it always makes me feel much better.
I am a huge believer that it is so important to do the things you love. Obviously there are things in life that we don't enjoy that much but still have to do, however it's important to create time for the things we love to do too. Even if that just takes five minutes out of your day, do it. Grab that time with both hands and enjoy the hell out of it!

In the very near future I am massively interested in looking into mindfulness and see if it is something that could help me in certain situations.
Another goal is possibly getting back into yoga. It was something I was enjoying a lot and felt it gave me the space I needed for that 60 minutes.

Don't forget to leave a comment letting me know what you do to cope with your stress.
Also, don't forget to go find me on social media -
Instagram - megan_fleet
Twitter - meg_fleet
Facebook - Head To Toe Good To Go

Meg x

2 comments:

  1. Aw love these ideas, they are so good to help you reflect on the week gone by :D I have just realised something that helps me so much, not everything I do has to have a purpose or be worthwhile, I can do totally random things that I enjoy like watching the clouds and that relaxes me; I've realised not everything I do has to be of absolute purpose haha! Following you on GFC, I can't wait to read more! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (PS I’d love to invite you to come win a big bundle of Festive Disney goodies haha :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such a lovely comment Elizabeth, it's always lovely to hear from people who read my blog posts!
    I love how you relax. I'm definitely going to have to give that one a go!
    I am looking forward to sitting down tonight with a hot chocolate and reading through your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete

The Best 4 Books For A BookWorm

Yes, yes I am a major book worm! So I figured it would only be right to share my current top four books with you. All a little (or a lot) di...